Given that the logistics industry has historically paid little attention to online strategy and similar issues — which has become apparent after detailed analysis has been performed across several platforms — we have also produced a SEO audit of wincanton.co.uk, comparing its online performance to that of its domestic rival stobartgroup.co.uk. Here are our findings.
SEO Audit Criteria
- Score: Critical areas where intervention is needed on a scale from 1 to 5 from an SEO perspective. “1” least problematic, no action needed; “5” most problematic, immediate attention needed.
- Status: indicates the current performance of the website for the specified parameters.
- Description: indicates the analysed SEO parameters, which are identified through the crawling.
- Stobart presents a stronger technical set-up, but its website is much smaller than that of Wincanton. The majority of Stobart’s URLs have been blocked by robots.txt, which may or may not be a problem, but must be verified.
- Mobile user experience is excellent for Wincanton, while speed metrics indicate there are ways to improve its performances both on mobile and desktop.
- On-Page Optimisation:
- A round of on-page optimisation is recommended for both websites, particularly for Wincanton.
The full audit package (“Wincanton & Stobart Group Audit”) can be downloaded at the link below.